Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes can be a very simple dish that can go very wrong if you over cook your potatoes. Once you master a basic mashed potato recipe you can be very creative with what you can do with it.

Ingredients:

Potatoes
Salt & pepper
Butter

Video:

Helpful Hints:

Be sure to not over cook your potatoes or else you will have glue instead of fluffy potatoes. It's helpful if you wait until the water boils before timing the potatoes (15 - 20 minutes). Add roasted garlic for added flavor.

Don’t be afraid to experiment and be creative in the kitchen. Cheese and potatoes go very well together so try different cheeses.

Always remember to have fun in the kitchen.

© Nadine Zawacki 2011

2 comments:

  1. Nadine DOES make yummy mashed potatoes!!! I miss them almost as much as I miss HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little trouble viewing the whole video, my computer was not working great but I watched most of it and I will definitely make these. I love potatoes and I usually don't add enough butter so now I know how much, thanks

    ReplyDelete