Thursday, June 23, 2011

Antipasto Salad

Antipasto means “before the meal” and is a traditional first course of formal Italian meals. I’ve included some of the components of traditional antipasto into salad form.

Ingredients:

Romaine lettuce
Black Olives
Green Olives
Artichoke hearts
Peperoncini
Hard Salami
Mozzarella/ Mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto
Roasted red pepper
Fennel

Video:


Helpful hints: You can substitute pepperoni instead of hard salami. You can add provolone cheese.

© Nadine Zawacki 2011

2 comments:

  1. My hubby will be home for two weeks (July 1 thru July 14) and I am going to make this. He loves this type of salad and has had similar one's in Italian restaurants. Yours looks lovely and I know he is going to appreciate it. Then I will serve your ziti, which I made once, and I can tell you it was a big hit. Thanks so much, I love this blog and you really are a natural in front of the camera.
    PS I never used fennel because I did not know how to cut it up so thank you for showing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your antipasto salad recipe and i love it. I usually prepare before lunch, and also like salad recipes. You should also check some video recipes online at Gourmandia

    ReplyDelete